Personal growth is the ongoing process of understanding and developing oneself in order to achieve one’s fullest potential. Personal development is a vital part in a person’s growth, maturity, success and happiness. It is the foundation of emotional, physical, intellectual, and spiritual health.
Many of your actions may already be geared toward “self-improvement”. This self-improvement, however, is mostly unconscious and for the majority of people it’s a case of pursuing “things” and “stuff” with the all-too-common assumption that when we get enough stuff, we will we be happy. You don’t have to search too far to find how wrong this theory is.
Personal growth has a profound effect on every single aspect of our life. As we grow on a personal level, we begin to feel more passionate about life in general. We are naturally more motivated because learning and growing add motivation and a sense of excitement.
personal growth assistant and development provides us with both the incentive and the means to become the best possible version of ourselves. Ironic as it seems, personal growth expands our frame of reference to include the people around us instead of becoming more self-centered. As our world expands, so does our awareness of the possibilities and opportunities around us. This possibility mindset fills us with an attitude of eager anticipation as we start each new day.
Working on personal growth is quite easy and starts with the smallest of choices. Choose to do something kind for yourself and/ or someone else. Notice the shift in energy after doing any of the following activities:
• Listen to music that makes you feel good, and try dancing to it.
• Open a door for someone.
• Quiet your mind for 5 minutes and focus on your breathing.
• Take a walk in nature.
• Say “thank you” and give a smile.
• Get organized; Clean out a drawer, a file, your car…..
• Offer someone else to go ahead of you.
• Choose more positive media to expose yourself to.
• Make a healthier food choice and notice how it affects you.
• Ask someone how they are and truly listen with your whole heart.
• Give someone else the benefit of the doubt. Until you have walked in their shoes, you cannot know if you would do better.
• When in judgment, ask yourself, is it possible that…? Then consider at least 3 potential reasons or scenarios to broaden your perspective.
Personal growth and self-development are arguably some of the most important activities you can do. Rather than perceiving this as a selfish act, working on yourself to become a better person benefits those around you, as well as those in your community and workplace making you more world minded.
Your life is now – made up of a series of moments. Live intentionally in the present moment and you’ll begin to experience the joy and happiness you seek.